Friday, February 24, 2023

2023 Show Schedule and Recent Commissions

For more original art and commission examples, see my Comic Art Fans gallery!*

Since 1984, I have been a guest of numerous comic book conventions and shows from coast to coast, and many of the convention sketches I have drawn over the years can be seen all over the internet. I've also drawn a growing number of commissions in my studio and either shipped directly or delivered at shows. Below are some of my most recent commissions from 2021 shows.

Note: I guess I'm NOT a guest at Monroe Popfest, Monroe, Michigan, Fri-Sat, September 16-17, 2023, so you can scratch that off the list! (I already have!)

My schedule for 2023:

*I'm quite excited that this year at Pulpfest I will be moderating an evening panel, Friday, August 4, at 8:05 pm with Mark Wheatley and Mark Schultz about their experiences illustrating Conan the Barbarian!

I will be sketching and drawing on the spot at every show, but time will be limited, and requests fill up fast. So if you've always wanted that special Don Simpson cartoon drawing of your dreams, it’s always a good idea to contact me ahead of time (mature or adult imagery, especially of the Anton Drek variety, can only be drawn ahead of time and delivered at shows). See my commission price list page for ballpark pricing and contact info (every commission is different and negotiated individually by teams of trained union bargainers!).

Final inked version.

Pencil of work in progress, 14" x 17"

Ink, ink wash, and graphite pencil on blank variant cover.

Ink on 14" x 17" Bristol.

Pencil of work in progress, 14" x 17"

India ink on 14" x 17" Strathmore 400 Drawing paper.

India ink on 11" x 14" Bienfang Bristol.

India ink on 14" x 17" Bristol.

India ink on 14" x 17" Strathmore 400 Drawing paper.

India ink on 14" x 17" Strathmore 400 Drawing paper.

Link: Fall 2022 commissions | Spring 2022 Commissions

No comments:

Post a Comment