Tuesday, July 30, 2019

Webs and Shreds (and Thunder!): Three More Recent Drawings

Here are some more commission-like drawing (they're like what I would do for a convention or commission drawing, but these aren't sold yet!). The first is a Spidey pose traced from a 2005 sketchbook drawing I always liked, with the addition of a goofy Hulk figure. It's 11" x 14" on Aquabee sketchbook paper, colorized in Photoshop (although I could accomplish much the same effect physically with Dr. Martin's dyes).



Next is Venus (I call her Victory Venus, for the War Effort) and Thunder Girl, two characters from Gary Carlson and Chris Ecker's ong-running Big Bang universe of retro comics. I actually inked an Ultiman story for them, but I've never drawn either of these two characters. (This drawing was the basis of my "Inking the Old School Way" demonstration at Wizard World Pittsburgh, July 28, 2019).


Finally, another Spidey pose, also from an old sketchbook gesture that I lightboxed onto Aquabee and inked up. All of these drawings are 11" x 14" and inked with India ink and a Hunt #102 crowquill pen (there's a bit of brush on the Hulk, above).


Check out my Commission Price List if you would like a personal Don Simpson drawing! See elsewhere on my blogs for the range of characters (including my own) that I draw.
_______
Read my YA prose experiment Ms. Megaton Man Maxi-Series! New chapter every Friday!

No comments:

Post a Comment