Sunday, July 28, 2019

A Signal, Two Girls, and Three Recent Ink Drawings!

I had some time to use India ink at Wizard World Pittsburgh July 26-28, 2019, something I haven't done in many years, and produced three fairly nice ink drawings, all on 11" x 14" Aquabee sketchbook paper, with a Hunt #102 "crowquill" pen.


The first is Spider-Man caught unawares by the Spider-Signal beamed into the night sky over New York City. Who even knew there was a Spider-Signal?


The second is Big Bang Comics' Thunder-Girl and EC Comics Moon Girl (immortalized in All in Color for a Dime because her title morphed into A Moon, A Girl...Romance! when superheroes died out and romance comics became the hot commodity). Both characters, incidentally, where created by Shelly Moldoff, nearly fifty years apart.


Finally, there's Wooverine, a character that first appeared in slightly different form in Megaton Man #8 (February 1986). The first one was rather stocky, like a bulldog. This one more literally follows the Megaton Man template.

I did both a penciling and inking demo at the show, and I still have a couple other drawings I worked on that I will post somewhere soon.
______
Read my YA prose experiment Ms. Megaton Maxi-Series! New chapter every Friday!

No comments:

Post a Comment