Monday, June 29, 2015

From My Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle Days: Jagwar!

Here is a recent drawing I drew for Tim Prowant of Greenville, Ohio, of Jagwar, a character I originally drew in a story for Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Adventures #14 (Archie Comics, September 1990). I really enjoyed penciling this issue and only wished I could have inked it myself! It was fun to draw the character finally in pen and ink (although I think I overdid the rendering a little, as the pen point kept tearing up the paper). I colorized it in Photoshop. I did a good bit of freelancing for Mirage Studios (originators of TMNT) and the Archie TMNT in those days, and it's surprising and pleasing that a lot of readers fondly remember those comics. (For collectors who have a favorite character from the past or anything else you'd like me to draw, see my commission price list!)


No comments:

Post a Comment