Friday, August 6, 2021

So You Think You Can Ink? The Dandy Don Tryout Page!

A number of fans, enthusiasts, and even fellow pros have asked me if they could try their hand at inking my stuff ("stuff" being the technical term for "pencil art"!). I've posted tons of my drawings hither and yon, on Facebook as well as this and related blogs (usually right before inking them myself, so some images have already been inked, others not). I've gathered some of my favorites here below to appease those lockdown inkers who want to give it a go. Those interested may find others be searching this blog or Google Images.

If you do decide to try your hand at inking any of these, you are on your own. I can offer no remuneration whatsoever and may elect to exploit your labor as I see fit. A few may already be inked and therefore part of the canon; some include lettering (which may be omitted), or may include multiple figures; you may elect to ink only one figure (edit as you see fit). Trademark and copyright remain mine in perpetuity (unless otherwise noted). Feel free to post on social media as you wish, but flagrant profiting from these images (e.g., selling prints at shows, etc.) is frowned upon and will unleash an army of wrathful lawyers, so use common sense and discretion.



























I generally ink directly on the Bristol board or Strathmore 400 Drawing paper, or use Clearprint Vellum over the originals. See my other blogs or do a Google Image search to see whether or not I've inked any of these. Some inkers print out in blue and ink, others use Cintiq or other fancy gizmos of which I have little or no familiarity. Your results may differ drastically!  Follow the advice of your brain surgeon, etc. ...

Good luck, and don't try this at home!
_____________
All characters, character names, likenesses, words and pictures are ™ and © Don Simpson 2021, all rights reserved. Posted for educational purposes only.

No comments:

Post a Comment